Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Soooo glad it's Tuesday! I hate to say it, but Mondays are the pits. Love Spanish Moss and love this lookbook. This is my kind of inspiration when it comes to country or southwestern dressing. I like having some edge. Makes me want to hop in the car and hit the road ~ XoXo
Thursday, April 26, 2012
- Wait for your nails to dry. Patience, my friends!
- Tear off a small piece of your makeup sponge to use as your “brush”
- Pick up a tiny amount of your second nail polish color on your makeup sponge. Make sure it is not too saturated. If so, blot the excess onto a paper towel
- Carefully dab a very thin layer of your second color on the tip of your nail. The trick is to use the second color sparingly & use a light hand with the application.
- Build more color at the tips of the nails by dabbing more nail polish on. Don’t worry too much about texture from the sponge, but make sure to allow the first layer to dry before building on more color. You want most of the concentration of the color to be at the very tip of your nail
- Use a cotton swab and some nail polish remover to clean up any excess nailpolish that missed your nails!
- FINISH!! Use a fastdry topcoat to finish your nails off!
- Try using 3 colors for your gradient for an even more gradual color transition
- Use the ombre effect as a backdrop for more detailed nail art or stamps
- Use glitter nail polish on the tips instead of a solid color
Tutorial via Chictopia
Posted by Brooke Lane at 11:21 AM
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Hello! I have been having a lonnnggg week. BUT I purchased my Lollapalooza 3 day pass yesterday which cheered me up tremendously. I have been wanting to go for years and one of my best friends lives in Chicago so it is time it happened! So I've already been obsessively scheming my outfits and just looking for inspiration. Here is the Threadsence Spring 2012 Lookbook: Souls of Mischief. Everything in these photos scream summer, roadtrip, festival, fun. I know my newest go-to. And the best part is that everything is so affordable. Enjoy! Xoxo
Also, check me out on Pinterest